8/28/2012

Content mixups - YouTube, SFxT , P4A


Guile Theme Comebacks #1
On a personal level I'm glad to get this video posted finally because it marks a progression for what I'm looking to do in terms of how I'm documenting my matches. More importantly than the existing episodes of Replay/Review, because even those are pretty fuzzy in terms of video quality. The following uploads will be up to the same definition as the video above. Until this point I had been experiencing various compression issues and technical constraints. However my overall goal of compressing what I really wanted out of my blog posts and extensive replay postings into a single video is finally realized. With that in mind, the content of this blog will be likely shifted to broader fighting-game related posts that the videos may not wholly cover.

Street Fighter x Tekken
Boshadro and I put in some paired versus matches this weekend, and ended up with some curious point discrepancies. Fought an A-Ranked player and lost, I think we expected it to be 16, or at most a 32 point loss but it ended up being a 56 point loss.


In the same session we fought a B-Ranked player and only lost 24 points.

In comparison you can't see the actual A-rank, but look at the 10k+ point difference between the two player's ranking on the right side. I speak for both of us when I ask "WTF?" I didn't think that SFxT's glitches went as far up as to affect point distribution as well. Between this and the inherent lag with SFxT, it put both of us in a crappy mood. Personally, I wasn't a big hater on SFxT, but the laggy response to patching and "fixing what's actually broken," such as netcode stability and matchmaking have been a sore letdown.

Persona 4 Arena
This has been a welcome breath of fresh air for me. I was unfamiliar with the Persona story, but so far I haven't been overwhelmed with a lot of "required reading," to jump in the game. I'm having a bit of a button crisis with both this and KoF13. Something about the arc of my buttons on my stick doesn't lend itself well to the 4 button square these have as a default layout. For now I've mimicked a BB/SC layout "D,ABC" which has been okay, but still doesn't feel right on different days.

Next big release will be Tekken Tag 2, I might throw some T6 back in so I can get reacquainted with it again.
Signing off for now, Happy Hunting!
~Eienhikaru

No comments:

Post a Comment