YouTube Channel:
The SFxT replay list is now up.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1445F3B82DA6C8A8&feature=plcp
Blazeblue: Continuum Shift Extend:
I'm again having to relearn my characters again in this new version. Comboing out of Litchi's throws seem to be (actually) impossible or 1 frame difficult. Noel however, feels more intuitive so I'm stoked to actually play and improve with her. Overall I feel like this is the version update that CS2 should have been. I don't remember what CS2 was meant to fix or nerf, but it feels like they pushed too far with it and potentially lost sight of how the characters were supposed to play. For example some of Tsubaki's most basic BnB's felt like 0 or 1 frame inputs and nothing about her changes looked fluid.
I haven't been on network just yet, I'm still working through trials and some of the Single Player content. Abyss is way more fun than Legion ever was.
Street Fighter X Tekken
There's a lot of this game I'm really enjoying, mixed offline/local matches (I feel so sorry for the 360 community on that loss, seriously, that just blows), multiplayer (including online partner) training room, and the Paired versus mode. (I'm sure Scramble is awesome, but haven't gotten many online matches).
The netcode needs some patching maybe, the latency handling is great, but the matchmaking seems to be bugged, Day 1 match seeking was excruciatingly impossible.
Thankfully GEMS is not looking to be the &%@#storm people thought it was going to. But I hope they improve the actual loadout system because right now it only has 2 sets of GEMS and no way to add more sets. Without any way to add new sets, it's not enough to explore potential counterpick options, accommodate local mulitplayer or have a "no GEMS" type selection without intruding on the options above.
Currently, on a player level I need to restrain myself from spamming HF/HK so much because it triggers that Launcher > Swap which on block is super punishable. You see this happening a bunch here, but more on that in a later post!
It feels like the new era of fighting games has shifted, and shifted in a good way. I don't know what led to the dark ages that were 1999-2005(?), but we're a long ways away from that in terms of number of titles and new technology. It's a great time to be a fighter!
Sure would be nice if I could connect to a match.
ReplyDeleteDay 1 Matchmaking was impossible. Those 2 matches probably took 10+ mins each to get successfully, and this was day after release. I think until they address that issue I'm just gonna have to stick to player matches :< .
ReplyDelete