6/17/2012

Replay overview "Lowbie Revisited" -- AE2012, BB:CSX, KOF13, SFxT

Street Fighter 4 AE 2012
Probably the biggest amount of progress is Cammy. With help from a few YogaFlame24 videos I have a better sense of approach. I feel like I've shed a lot of my crappy habits from Vanilla SF4 too. Back with vanilla I could just use MK all day for a Cannon Spike > Super Cancel. Until this push to really "play Cammy," I could not to 236 MK then trigger a Super with MK.


PuFfIn3308 (T-Hawk) vs Eienhikaru (Cammy) Ranked Match 06/13/2012
This fight was the "rank up," fight that I had. In a previous match I'd fought this guys' Sagat and my victory was scarily decisive. It was clearer that T Hawk was more his main though in this match. What probably really "saved," me in this match was his impatience to get the Ultra out. To be fair it was some crazy damage, but he could have closed it out if he kept that meter to have it kill.


Eienhikaru (Cammy) vs WoAh_323 (Akuma) Ranked Match 06/06/2012
An early game of dusting my Cammy off. What a way to bring it back, dropping a B-ranked Akuma like this. I pretty much got away with murder in this match. Seems like there was a lot more going on besides just Akuma's low health and Cammy's high priority in this one. I was unable to fight him again, so who knows.
Also did two sets of FT5 against Boshadro's Makoto this week which were crazy intense. Almost swapped to Chun Li when I was 4-2 in the first set. I think I'd like to do more FT5's. Bosh and I talked about this afterwards and even a best of 3 set seems way more "autopilot." friendly, and if gimmicks work for now they get you the win and you move on. However, even with 3, up to 9, more potential matches you're forced to use different tech, adapt, and really push yourself to think and act on reaction.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
The matches so far have been truly bi-polar, either I will destroy someone who fights like they're "day 1" at this game or character. Or a pro will body me with his fully tested sub character. Despite my talk I'm really a hothead in terms of "getting out there," and seeing what happens. I don't like hanging out in training mode all day, and somehow I wish the trials were more BnB / approach focused as opposed to seeming "beyond," character mastery. So far the frustrating thing with Mu is there seems to be a great deal more "Counterhit combos," or stuff off a throw. The counterhit stuff I feel is situational, and it feels like an eternity between her throw animation and when you can successfully dash cancel into something.


Eienhikaru (Mu-12) vs TacticalHiderFTW (Carl) Ranked Match 05/28/2012
I'm really lost right now in terms of what a "range game," with Mu, may look like. This happens at ~1:20 where I'm waiting to see what happened to Hider's Drive, and more times throughout the match as I set up the Steins and either get blown up between them and my approach, or nothing really happens with the beams and you see me moving in from miles away.

KoFXIII
Switching out to Iori (claw), was probably the best selection so far. He chains into a bunch of his moves and the damage output is high enough that I'm not used to a character so "effective." I could probably have given more time to understand K',  but right now he seemed too slow and clunky for me. What I really need to do to improve my sub team is commit to some solid BnB's with Elizabeth and cut down on my accidental supers. Also I look at a more solid approach for Yuri.
Both Drizzmat's Iori EX and TimeAppl3's Kyo have really taken off and gave me a good deal of trouble this week. Despite my scheduling for more KoF time, I'm really sort of "stuck," right now in terms of skill, even with my main team.

Street Fighter X Tekken
The Cammy x Asuka team is moving albeit a bit slower than I'd like. Running into matches cold is problematic because I'm obviously losing tech with Asuka like incoming swaps, and crossups, so that needs to be addressed.  I'm really enjoying her counters, but I worry that  I want to rely on them too much. It's addicting to directly punish anything that gets stuck out there to be countered.
I'm not a big stats sort of player but the raw numbers I took were  5/11 rounds at "same" ranking. 3 wins with my main Chun x Lili team, and 2 with Cammy x Asuka. The matches I took with my main team were pretty scrubby, I probably could have done that with my newer alt team for sure. I'd like to get the numbers a bit tighter, perhaps only limit ranked matches to 5 or so and try to avoid the "Point farming," (whichever way it goes.) I really wish you could better counterpick online. Being able to see their rank before you select characters, would make it so I could switch to a "better character," if I needed to. AE has the same pre-match rank blinders too, so no hope on getting that added anytime soon.
In more recent news I've deleveled once again, pretty salty about that and being fully unable to reach a good amount of points and actually keep them. I've regained enough points to be in the thick of C+ maybe even B Rank, but I'm clearly missing something just stupidly fundamental.

No comments:

Post a Comment