12/15/2011

Replay overview, AE2012 freshness.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012:
I almost wish SF had more patches because then it means more people would be on! These were from days 1 and 2 of the 2012 patch and probably the best games I've had in a great while. I didn't even have that great a time when AE first came out in June, so overall this was such a good day for SF.


DeadmanHill(T.Hawk) vs Eienhikaru(Chun-Li) 12/13/2011 Ranked Match
This was the first of an 0-2 set for me. I feel like keeping T.Hawk at range for a prolonged amount of time is highly difficult. Some more obvious stuff that I messed up on in this match was:
At ~1:35 I get that 3.JK again, where she does her flip kick. It's supposedly shorter now in AE2012, but I know one of these input errors I'm gonna get punished hard for it. I need to make sure to stay on 2 or 1 to get my normal c.SK instead.
At ~1:41 and ~2:47 I know I wanted to have back jumped, or potentially back-dashed out of that Ultra. I'll need to set up a bot to figure out wtf I'm to do about those.
Overall I don't know if my standing HPs or HKs are supposed make me more impatient or my opponent. After like 2-3 of the same thing I'm ready to go back to a more "normal" combo. In terms of the match up I need to be way more careful of empty jumps into the SPD.


Kyoshingo (Abel) vs Eienhikaru(Chun-Li) 12/13/2011 Ranked Match
1st of a 2-0 match for me. I was initially intimidated by the B rank at first, usually those don't go too well for me. As far as the matchup was concerned, I wanted to control both his rolling and Change of Direction. I also didn't want to carelessly jump into Cartwheel kicks.
He gets in close at ~0:43 and has what was probably a very competent jab/mid combo, I was lucky to trade and get some distance. I'm also falling into a bad auto-pilot of 2-3 c.SK > EX Lightning Kick. I'm really just burning meter for no reason if my hit confirms aren't proper.


enosh84(Gouken) vs Eienhikaru(Chun-Li) 12/13/2011 Ranked Match
Watching this match again is more painful than having lost it I think. Sure I'm playing careful enough to keep out of countering, but as soon as he figures out that isn't working, he just gets in there and destroys me. I could have turned that first match around with just some basic anti-air or getting out of the corner maybe. He gives me 2 free punish opportunities in the second round with those non-jump Tatsumakis, I'm uncertain if he was trying something situational or just forgot that Gouken's version only goes straight up if you start on the ground.
I don't know if I'm misreading health bars or people are just more ballsy than me but he just lets that Super rip at ~1:55 then Focus > Ultra. I was thinking it was going to be a longer round than this. What really floors me (no pun, seriously) is that if you watch when he focuses, it fills the Ultra bar!. WTF - I think I've been missing something for a great while now if that's *always* been the case. Is that what people are doing when the Focus > Dash at mid - long screen are doing is prepping the Ultra bar? I always figured that was just baiting a jump in. Mad props to that meter knowledge.


SnG_619(Sakura) vs Eienhikaru(Chun-Li) 12/13/2011 Ranked Match
I wandered into a raw "Quick Match" on accident and this is the beating I received. As a Sakura user I was glad to see this replay though. I'm more than convinced that this is a perfect example of Plinking. If you're watching SnG's inputs there's a lot of (LP+MP) inputs that do not look like they're meant to trigger a tech rise. You'll also see on that 2.MP killing blow, it's actually a 2.LP+MP. This is worth hitting the lab to see if a non-plinked 2.MP would trump a 2.HK.


battlb3ar(M.Bison) vs Eienhikaru(Chun-Li) 12/13/2011 Ranked Match
M.Bison (Dictator) is a character I don't fight too often either. I find myself going "wtf why didn't that punish?" against Scissor Kicks and slides. One answer might be everyone has been doing the LK version of the Scissor Kick. I don't get to block any slides in this one but I do recall at one point it was punishable, and all of a sudden somewhere that stopped. The match gets a bit evened out as I keep him at mid-long range. However since he did only 2 Psycho Crushers the whole match they effectively blindsided me when he did them.


GosuAlpha1471(Chun-Li) vs Eienhikaru(Chun-Li) 12/13/2011 Ranked Match
I was really excited at this match because there are so few Chun-Li's online, again I do like mirror matches to see how my version of the character measures up to what is out there. Already I have to give props to Gosu's short range stuff. If you've played me enough I'm usually gonna throw or kick you. His was a great mixup of L and MPs. Also for that AA-EX SBK at ~1:02, I rarely use this, mostly as shenanigans or to "style" in a combo. Also his use of the 3.HK crossup kick, it doesn't totally blind side me, but it's good at pinning me down a good deal. I've always considered this move really unsafe so I've never gambled on it as Gosu does. Then again I don't have an Auto-correcting DP to counter it either. I was not expecting the blow-up at ~1:55, that was just amazing. Overall mad props, I clearly have a ways to go with my main.


Cygnus475(M.Bison) vs Eienhikaru(Chun-Li) 12/13/2011 Ranked Match
Somehow I thought this match was a great deal closer, I'm a bit more self-conscious about how many Scissor Kicks and Head Stomps I block with my face in this match. If there is a take-away it's going to be how to deal with Scissor Kicks.


animengames(Chun-Li) vs Eienhikaru(Chun-Li) 12/13/2011 Player Match
Another really good close-range Chun-Li matchup. I was really pushed back at first by the pressure he'd started with. However it seems to even out as I get my more comfortable mid-range back. I drop a few fundamental combos, like in the match with Gosu. Notably I'm missing the ending fireball at ~1:23, and later again at ~1:32. I actually don't know wtf I was not-trying to do, but I get punished for my shitty approach and not expecting that random AA-Ultra.
The fireball > Super at ~2:19 was really surprising and potentially situational. I couldn't tell if a 1.SK got me or the fireball, but it looks like the fireball did actually trump my c.HK. I get the sense he panicked when he realized all that super was burnt out so early in the match, sadly a lot of that catches me off guard and nearly kills me. Yay for not dropping combos at ~2:42! I was initially going for chip with the Ultra so I got lucky that he thought I was going to jump in for the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment