One of the more embarrassing hangups with my DVR was that you're supposed to be able to play and record at the same time. I had all the connections hooked up correctly but it would never pass through properly. Finally after breaking frustration and a great deal of time picking through the support articles I redid all the cording. Wala~ it finally works.
TL;DR: I will be posting more UMvC3 stuff now.
Drizzmat(Vergil, Ghost Rider, Hulk) vs Eienhikaru(Trish, Chun-Li, Vergil) Player Match 12/29/2011
I've changed my character order a bit since I've started playing in hopes that the results are a little different. I used to lead with Chun-Li, now I've swapped her with Trish. Admittedly I was a bit preoccupied by the newfound ability to capture matches so the results are not different than before.If I had to pick out a glaring problem is I'm having difficulty doing M > H > Special between characters. With Trish this only comes out ~25% of the time that I'm hitting the button, so you'll see a lot of M > H > Nothing/Get punished. I also thought walking backwards meant you could block too, I inexplicably get blown up at ~0:59. I have massive trouble trying to move in on Drizzmat's Ghost Rider, it's too bad I don't figure this out until Chun's almost dead.
Drizzmat(Vergil, Ghost Rider, Hulk) vs Eienhikaru(Trish, Chun-Li, Vergil) Player Match 12/29/2011
This match is rather painful to watch mostly because of the lag that went on. The match directly after this we got lagged out of the lobby. Both of us are unable to capitalize on openings, or keep combos up at all. I must have forgotten that Trish was only coming in at less than 50% life, because it looks like an eternity before I start up XFactor.Eienhikaru(Trish, Chun-Li, Vergil) vs Drizzmat(Vergil, Nemesis, Wesker) Player Match 12/29/2011
The glaring problem with this match is I have massive trouble understanding Nemisis' overall reach. I don't do anything useful until Vergil shows up and is just that tiny bit faster with a dash of reach. Sadly it doesn't save me and once Wesker's tagged in I'm toast.I get the sense that I'm missing something fundamental with Marvel. Whatever kind of "fighting game instincts" I have obviously aren't translating at all for me. There are some things I've been told as, I'm not using enough assists, or 'I'm not using Wesker,'. The assists I'm still trying to get a grasp on admittedly, I expect to change those around or even my order again. On using Wesker though, call me stubborn, but I'd hope that with a roster of 50 characters I could do better than I am without resorting to tier-whore out on Team Longcoat.
All that being said, feel free to comment here or on the channel on whatever I'm clearly missing out on.
No comments:
Post a Comment